Hey, y’all. I’m Kimberly. Thanks for dropping by.
Short Bio: Kimberly C. Starr is a baccalaureate level Registered Nurse (licensed in Utah) and writer. She graduated from Brigham Young University in 2007 with her Bachelor’s degree in Science, with an emphasis in Nursing. She worked for 8+ years in both adult and pediatric Emergency Department settings, although she much prefers working with kids.
She writes science fiction, fantasy, and adventures she’d love to pick up and read on her own time. She also writes for several websites, covering a range of topics – from backyard homesteading to genealogy to sleep training.
Here’s a little from Kimberly on how this site was created:
In 2007, I graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. The next month, I began working at Primary Children’s Hospital in the Emergency Department and I absolutely fell in love with being a trauma nurse.
When my dream of becoming a LifeFlight nurse fizzled (my husband and son understandably vetoed that dream after several high profile helicopter crashes), I turned back to my childhood love of writing.
I started blogging in 2013 under the moniker ProteanMom. After one too many questions wondering why I love protein so much, I knew the pseudonym had to go.
In 2017, I founded KimberlyCStarr.com to write about all the things that I love – and to share my stories and knowledge with the world.
I’m a ginger who loves reading, eating, being a nurse, spending time with my family, and writing about it all. I believe humor is the best medicine, followed very closely by chocolate and tacos.
Short Byline: Kimberly C. Starr is a writer, ginger, a pediatric ER nurse, a wife, and a mom to four. She writes about all of the things because humor really is the best medicine.
On a Personal Note…
I live in Kaysville, Utah. I have an amazingly supportive husband who manages my behind-the-scenes tech support to make writing and publishing possible. We have 4 amazing children, a dog, a cat, 6 chickens, and plans for more animals in our backyard homestead.
Here are 10 fun facts to help you get to know me better:
- I’m a ginger, a nurse, a mom, a blogger, an entrepreneur, and a whole lotta other things. Basically, I don’t like sitting still unless I’m reading or too exhausted to do otherwise.
- I’m a Christian. I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- I’m married to the perfect guy for me… but I don’t talk too much about him on here because he’s introverted and fairly shy. That and he asked me not to.
- We’ve got 4 amazing kids – 3 boys and our youngest is a little girl. She’s equal parts spoiled, protected, and able to hold her own with her rowdy, snuggly brothers.
- I’m from Arizona. You’d think I’d be tanner, but… I’m a ginger.
- I love watching British shows, which is probably why I refer to myself as a “ginger” rather than a “redhead”. Well, that and my head isn’t red. It’s pasty-pale white… because I’m a ginger.
- I’ve got two brothers with the same first name… for reals. You see, I’m from a yours-mine-and-ours family, so I’ve got 5 amazing siblings.
- I worked for almost 8 years as a pediatric trauma nurse in a Level 1 Trauma Center Emergency Department. Best job ever! It was great training for having 4 kids. And yes, I miss it.
- I’m an avid reader and writer. I’ve got plans and outlines for new posts and new stories that need to be told. I love world-building for my sci-fi and fantasy stories, too!
- My life philosophy comes from Finding Nemo: “Just keep swimming.”
Recognition and Awards
Bachelor of Science, emphasis in NursingBrigham Young University 2007
Registered NurseState of Utah, United States of America
SpeakerA Purpose Driven Mom 2019 Summit
She’s the bestest mom ever.My second boy, when given a donut.
Just because I stopped writing about all the things here doesn’t mean I stopped writing. In fact, it just means I started writing elsewhere!
- SleepRegression.com (now part of SleepTrainingKids.com)
My Bucket List
- Fall in love and get married (I fell in love but I’m still falling)
- Be a wife and mom (DONE but by no means complete – I love my family!)
- Be on TV (DONE! I was on several TV shows as a child – a variety show called Wallace and Lladmo and an educational show about the human brain where I held an actual brain – I always knew I was destined to go into the medical field!)
- Be in a movie (DONE! While at BYU, I had a speaking part in a student film that was published to YouTube – and it got me onto the IMDB)
- Skydive (DONE! My husband and I went skydiving on a date before we got married)
- Travel the World – it’s a work in progress.
- See Ireland
- See Mexico (DONE! I’ve been to several parts and I loved eating tacos from the local stands that tourists don’t usually get to see)
- See New Zealand
- Go camping in every state in the United States of America
- Complete a sprint triathlon (COMPLETE! I’ve done the TriathaMom sprint several times now)
- Write a book (in progress!)
Get updates, news, and more in your inbox.
Any time there’s a cool update, insight, news, or other cool stuff then I’ll send you an email. I only send emails a few times a year.