Hey there – I’m Kimberly. Thanks for dropping by.
Kimberly C. Starr
Kimberly C. Starr graduated from Brigham Young University in 2007 with her Bachelor of Science, with an emphasis in Nursing. She worked for 8+ years in adult and pediatric Emergency Department settings. She writes stories she’d love to pick up and read on her own time. She also writes informational articles for websites.
Email: [email protected]
Address: PO Box 522, Kaysville, Utah, 84037, USA
How this site was created
In 2007, I graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. The next month, I began working at Primary Children’s Hospital in the Emergency Department and I absolutely fell in love with being a trauma nurse.
When my dream of becoming a LifeFlight nurse fizzled (my husband and son understandably vetoed that dream after several high profile helicopter crashes), I turned back to my childhood love of writing.
I started blogging in 2013 under the moniker ProteanMom. After one too many questions wondering why I love protein so much, I knew the pseudonym had to go.
In 2017, I founded KimberlyCStarr.com to write about all the things that I love – and to share my stories and knowledge with the world.
I’m a ginger who loves reading, eating, being a nurse, spending time with my family, and writing about it all. I believe humor is the best medicine, followed very closely by chocolate and tacos.
Short Byline: Kimberly C. Starr is a writer, ginger, a pediatric ER nurse, a wife, and a mom to four. She writes about all of the things because humor really is the best medicine.
On a Personal Note…
I live in Kaysville, Utah. I have an amazingly supportive husband who manages my behind-the-scenes tech support to make writing and publishing possible. We have 4 amazing children, a dog, a cat, 6 chickens, and plans for more animals in our backyard homestead.
Here are 10 fun facts to help you get to know me better:
- I’m a ginger, a nurse, a mom, a blogger, an entrepreneur, and a whole lotta other things. Basically, I don’t like sitting still unless I’m reading or too exhausted to do otherwise.
- I’m a Christian. I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- I’m married to the perfect guy for me… but I don’t talk too much about him on here because he’s introverted and fairly shy. That and he asked me not to.
- We’ve got 4 amazing kids – 3 boys and our youngest is a little girl. She’s equal parts spoiled, protected, and able to hold her own with her rowdy, snuggly brothers.
- I’m from Arizona. You’d think I’d be tanner, but… I’m a ginger.
- I love watching British shows, which is probably why I refer to myself as a “ginger” rather than a “redhead”. Well, that and my head isn’t red. It’s pasty-pale white… because I’m a ginger.
- I’ve got two brothers with the same first name… for reals. You see, I’m from a yours-mine-and-ours family, so I’ve got 5 amazing siblings.
- I worked for almost 8 years as a pediatric trauma nurse in a Level 1 Trauma Center Emergency Department. Best job ever! It was great training for having 4 kids. And yes, I miss it.
- I’m an avid reader and writer. I’ve got plans and outlines for new posts and new stories that need to be told. I love world-building for my sci-fi and fantasy stories, too!
- My life philosophy comes from Finding Nemo: “Just keep swimming.”
My Bucket List
- Fall in love and get married (I fell in love but I’m still falling)
- Be a wife and mom (DONE but by no means complete – I love my family!)
- Be on TV (DONE! I was on several TV shows as a child – a variety show called Wallace and Lladmo and an educational show about the human brain where I held an actual brain – I always knew I was destined to go into the medical field!)
- Be in a movie (DONE! While at BYU, I had a speaking part in a student film that was published to YouTube – and it got me onto the IMDB)
- Skydive (DONE! My husband and I went skydiving on a date before we got married)
- Travel the World – it’s a work in progress.
- See Ireland
- See Mexico (DONE! I’ve been to several parts and I loved eating tacos from the local stands that tourists don’t usually get to see)
- See New Zealand
- Go camping in every state in the United States of America
- Complete a sprint triathlon (COMPLETE! I’ve done the TriathaMom sprint several times now)
- Write a book (in progress!)
Get updates, news, and more in your inbox.
Whenever there’s a cool update, insight, news, or other cool stuff, I’ll send you an email. I only send emails a few times a month, max.