My kids often ask me if I ever get sick of “plain” chocolate chip cookies. Usually, the answer is no. Because when you’ve got a perfect recipe, it works all the time. However, when you start making that perfect recipe all the time, that’s when you start realizing you need new flavors to change things up.
I think that’s why I love these Andes mint chocolate chip cookies – they’re just enough of a variation and difference in flavor that they restore my love of the basics. Plus, mint is just a very fun flavor and it’s delicious. So here’s another great chocolate chip cookie recipe for you, friends.
Deliciously Easy Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
One of my favorite parts about baking is getting my kids involved. Of course, that also adds some to my anxiety levels, because they want to help with everything. And I don’t really want loads of vanilla on my floor, so it’s always a balancing game: how much can I handle this go around?
That’s probably why we bake so many cookies together – they’ve learned which ingredients they can manage with minimal mess (therefore earning themselves more baking time!). And they know which ones they can’t manage yet. Because one day, they will be able to manage them – and so will my mental health! But until then, we’re all learning, growing, and baking together.
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1/2 C light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C mint chips
- 3/4 C milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 C Andes baking chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You could line two baking sheets with parchment paper, or just pull out two silicone baking mats and use those to line your baking sheets.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside for now.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the mint chips, chocolate chips, and Andes baking chips.
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes - or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. That means be patient!
Amount Per Serving Calories 195 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 21mg Sodium 136mg Carbohydrates 27g Fiber 1g Sugar 17g Protein 2g
Enjoy Your Taste of Mint with these Andes Cookies!
Yum! Go enjoy these cookies. They’re a perfect, minty treat no matter the weather. And while usually I’m a fan of dunking chocolate chip cookies into milk, these are perfect just the way they are. Although you’re still welcome to dunk them, of course. I’ll just be enjoying mine here as they are.
More on Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Very green Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies via Betty Crocker
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies by Two Peas and their Pod
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies via Butter with a Side of Bread
My Must-Have Cookie Making Resources:
This is me giving y’all a heads up that there’s affiliate ad links in this post. Learn more.
- The one thing you didn’t know you needed to revolutionize baking cookies
- See all of my favorite kitchen products on Amazon
You’ll Also Love:
- All of the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes Ever
- Easy Sugar Cookie Recipes for When You’re In a Rush
- Or if you want all of my recipes, here you go!