Sometimes you just need a good bowl of soup. Perhaps it’s because you’re sick. Or maybe it’s cold and the thought of a warm, hearty slow cooker chicken soup warms your soul right up. Maybe you just love a good homemade soup.
Either way, this chicken soup recipe is just what this gal needs when she’s had a long, rough, sick, or cold day – it warms you right up inside and out. Plus, it’s super easy, delicious, and did I mention it’s a slow cooker soup? Those are the best kinds – because you get to enjoy the smell all day long!
How to Make 4-Herb Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Chicken soup for the soul is nice – but chicken soup for me to eat? Even better.
This delicious, hearty, and good-for-your-soul 4 herb chicken slow cooker soup will have you warmed up, feeling better, and ready to go any time of year.
- 1 can Cannellini beans 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can White Northern beans 15oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Garbonzo beans 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15oz (reserve juices)
- 1 carton chicken broth 32 oz
- 1 1/2 C carrots diced
- 1 1/2 C celery diced
- 1 1/2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1 C onion diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken skinned and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced green onions
- Add all of the ingredients except for the garnish in the crock pot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Prior to serving top with sliced green onion.
Enjoy that Chicken Soup!
Ready to enjoy? Enjoy, friends!
Because, really. When you’ve had a long, rough day… there’s just something about chicken soup that’s soothing. And this one? Oh – it’s delicious.Chicken soup for the soul is nice - but chicken soup for me to eat? Even better. Click here to share the recipe!
Finish the Meal:
- Make dinner even more amazing with the most perfect homemade wheat bread to go with your soup. Now that’s soul-satisfying, y’all.
- Don’t forget dessert! Try this homestead-style blackberry pie for a table full of smiles.
My Must-Have Baking Resources:
Y’all, a quick heads up: affiliate links are headed your way. Learn what that means.
- The best and most versatile kitchen pot ever
- The one thing you didn’t know you needed to revolutionize baking
- The only mixer that’s so durable you can gift it to your kids 15 years later
- All of my favorites on Amazon