Sometimes you just need a good bowl of soup. Perhaps it’s because you’re sick. Or maybe it’s cold and the thought of a warm, hearty slow cooker chicken soup warms your soul right up. Maybe you just love a good homemade soup.
Either way, this chicken soup recipe is just what this gal needs when she’s had a long, rough, sick, or cold day – it warms you right up inside and out. Plus, it’s super easy, delicious, and did I mention it’s a slow cooker soup? Those are the best kinds – because you get to enjoy the smell all day long!
How to Make 4-Herb Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Chicken soup for the soul is nice – but chicken soup for me to eat? Even better.
- 1 can Cannellini beans, 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can White Northern beans, 15oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Garbonzo beans, 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 15oz (reserve juices)
- 1 carton chicken broth, 32 oz
- 1 1/2 C carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 C celery, diced
- 1 1/2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions
- Add all of the ingredients except for the garnish in the crock pot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Prior to serving top with sliced green onion.
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 51mgSodium 1465mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 16gSugar 13gProtein 32g
Enjoy that Chicken Soup!
Ready to enjoy? Enjoy, friends!
Because, really. When you’ve had a long, rough day… there’s just something about chicken soup that’s soothing. And this one? Oh – it’s delicious.
Related Recipes and Topics:
- Make dinner even more amazing with the most perfect homemade wheat bread to go with your soup. Now that’s soul-satisfying, y’all.
- Don’t forget dessert! Try this homestead-style blackberry pie for a table full of smiles.
- How to Make a Deliciously Easy Traditional Scottish Beef Stew
- Deliciously Simple Pumpkin Curry Soup
While most of 2020 had its downs, there were a few highlights - mostly related to writing and family time. So even though I think most of the world would rather forget 2020, let's at least take a...
I can hardly believe that November is over - and so ends another National Novel Writing Month. I'm happy to report that I met my word count goal by almost double. But I'm getting ahead of myself....