Sometimes you just need a good bowl of soup. Perhaps it’s because you’re sick. Or maybe it’s cold and the thought of a warm, hearty slow cooker chicken soup warms your soul right up. Maybe you just love a good homemade soup.
Either way, this chicken soup recipe is just what this gal needs when she’s had a long, rough, sick, or cold day – it warms you right up inside and out. Plus, it’s super easy, delicious, and did I mention it’s a slow cooker soup? Those are the best kinds – because you get to enjoy the smell all day long!
How to Make 4-Herb Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
Chicken soup for the soul is nice – but chicken soup for me to eat? Even better.
- 1 can Cannellini beans, 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can White Northern beans, 15oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Garbonzo beans, 15 oz (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 15oz (reserve juices)
- 1 carton chicken broth, 32 oz
- 1 1/2 C carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 C celery, diced
- 1 1/2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1 C onion, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skinned and shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions
- Add all of the ingredients except for the garnish in the crock pot.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Prior to serving top with sliced green onion.
Amount Per Serving Calories 398 Total Fat 6g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 51mg Sodium 1465mg Carbohydrates 60g Fiber 16g Sugar 13g Protein 32g
Enjoy that Chicken Soup!
Ready to enjoy? Enjoy, friends!
Because, really. When you’ve had a long, rough day… there’s just something about chicken soup that’s soothing. And this one? Oh – it’s delicious.
[socialpug_tweet tweet=”Chicken soup for the soul is nice – but chicken soup for me to eat? Even better. Here’s the best recipe for a 4 herb slow cooker chicken soup. Enjoy!” display_tweet=”Chicken soup for the soul is nice – but chicken soup for me to eat? Even better. Click here to share the recipe!”]
Finish the Meal:
- Make dinner even more amazing with the most perfect homemade wheat bread to go with your soup. Now that’s soul-satisfying, y’all.
- Don’t forget dessert! Try this homestead-style blackberry pie for a table full of smiles.
My Must-Have Baking Resources: