I love writing – and I love that y’all are reading what I wrote. And I’d love you to take a look at some of the other things I’ve written around the interwebz – my featured writing has made the rounds! I have written for other prestigious sites such as The Huffington Post, MoneySavingMom.com, PerfectionPending.net and more!
Looking for the links to my featured writing as in the books I’ve written? You’re so close – and pretty soon, there will be a link right here to take you right to them. Give me a bit, though. I gotta finish writing the book first!
Featured Writings of Kimberly C. Starr on other websites and blogs
Perhaps you’ve seen my writing around the web? Here are some pieces I’ve written that I’m particularly proud of.
The Huffington Post:
I’m so excited to have been featured not just once – but TWICE – on the Huffington Post. It’s been a bit and the buzz still hasn’t quite worn off. I don’t think it ever will. Ah well. Here’s my featured writing on the HuffPo, including my own little bio page!
On Money Saving Mom:
Crystal Paine is one of my all-time favorite bloggers! Her website has helped countless women to be more intentional with their home life and their finances. So it’s a real privilege to have my writing featured on her blog.
On Perfection Pending:
Meredith Ethington is another of my all-time favorites. And, she’s just as awesome in real life as you’d expect. So I’m super honored to have some of my writing featured on her blog. She used to feature many wonderful articles on her site, but merged them with That’s Inappropriate into Filter Free Parents. All of my articles that were once on her blog have since been rehomed over there. So make sure you check out that listing below.
The International Blogger’s Association:
The IBA is an amazing community of worldwide bloggers! Not only am I humbled to have some of my origional content published and featured over there, but also some pieces I wrote here are syndicated over there. For the complete list of my writing there (because it keeps growing!), be sure to check out all of my posts on the IBA.
- How to Grow your Facebook Page – Organically (without ads)
- How to Pick an Email Service for your Blog (without going crazy)
- Writing Landing Pages, Sales Pages, and Squeeze Pages, oh my!
On Filter Free Parents (Formerly That’s Inappropriate):
That’s Inappropriate is the brainchild of two Merediths. One handles video, and the other is the editor for all of the articles that pass through that website. Okay, so it’s way more complicated than that. In any case, I’m excited to have a few pieces featured over there. My pieces are a lot tamer compared to most of the others, but that’s ok. I’m kinda mild for a ginger, I guess!
- Here’s Why We Set Screen Time Limits In Our House
- Please Be Patient with Our Crazy, Inflexible Sleep Schedule
- Put Your Kids to Bed Earlier, Because Science Says it’s Better for Their Health and Yours
- The Flu is No Joke – Keep Your Germs to Yourself
- 5 Things Every Parent of 3 (Or More) Kids Knows for Sure
- Sometimes, Babies Suck at Sleeping and It’s Not Your Fault
On Other Awesome Blogs:
You guys. Herchel and Kelli are two of my favorite bloggers and women. They’re amazing – so when they asked for some articles, I jumped at the chance to write for them. Here are the finished products:
- 7 Ways Moms Can Prevent and Treat the Flu by an RN – on Gym Craft Laundry
- 10 Kid-Friendly Places in Utah to Visit – on 3 Boys and a Dog
I also used to blog under the moniker Protean Mom.
But that got confusing, so that blog is history. If you’re looking for an article that was originally published there, I’ve updated it for print here. I may have even put a note on the post noting as much (if I remembered to).
Content Marketing, Copywriting, and Blogging:
Okay, so this section is more businessy. That’s because I blog for several businesses, and they occasionally ask for samples of my work. So this is for them.
I’ve written for, ghostwritten, or been published on:
- The Huffington Post (Nationally recognized news source & blog)
- Money-Saving Mom (a top mom & finance blog with more than 1 million unique views per month)
- International Blogger’s Association (an international blogging group with both syndicated and original posts)
- Admin-Ease (an administrative assistance business blog offering practical, time-saving business advice)
- Get Simply Online (a content marketing firm that specializes in content repurposing)
- Inproma (a business blog specializing in team management)
- BOLDelite (a web design and hosting business specializing in providing all small business web needs)
- Wired to Be Awesome (a business blog specializing in orthodontic practice marketing)
- Protean Writer (my first business blog, since transferred here)
- Cute Compression Socks (the name says it all, doesn’t it?)
- Preschool Plan-It (an amazing site that helps preschool teachers plan faster via specialized themes and other professional assistance)
Other Projects (AKA the “Beyond”):
Over the years, I’ve dabbled in several other projects. What can I say? I love learning and trying new things.
These other projects include:
- Blogging for Your Business eCourse: Blogging for Your Business – The Easy Way (no longer supported)
- Oh, and then there was the time I designed, manufactured, and sold my own line of compression socks. Yup. Designer compression socks. I’d love it if you checked them out: www.cutecompressionsocks.com (store currently closed).
Do you have a specific question or concern that hasn’t been addressed yet? Be sure to let me know what it is by commenting below (or contact Kimberly C. Starr directly) and I’ll try to find you some answers.
Time flies when you're having fun writing! It's time to take a step back and see how things are going. Why keep track of the work being done? Well, it helps me stay motivated - and to see the small,...
Keeping track of my writing isn't just an accountability thing. It also helps me see my progress to help me stay motivated. And since July 11th marks my 1-year anniversary with the Income School...