My sister is amazing – she keeps trying to get me involved in all of these amazing exercise programs. And I have started doing some of them. Others, however, I have to politely decline. Because while they are amazing, body-strengthening programs, they aren’t designed with
Some programs are 100% designed for managing diastasis recti. Others aren’t, but they do a good job building a strong core, anyway. In any case, let’s go over some of my favorite exercises that help restore my core and get rid of that mummy tummy.
The Best Diastasis Recti Exercises
After a chat with my sister about which kinds of exercises are forever off-limits, those which are discouraged until you’re strong enough, and those which should be done regularly, she helped me find the best, most amazing workouts.
Y’all, a quick heads up: affiliate links are headed your way. Learn what that means.
They run the gamut of individual workouts, series, and whole programs. Here are some of my favorites.
- My favorite Diastasis Recti exercises (and a complete explanation of what it is)
- Flattening The ‘Mummy Tummy’ With 1 Exercise, 10 Minutes A Day
- Abs Exercises That Can Help Heal Diastasis Recti
- 6 Core Exercises for New Moms with Diastasis Recti
Workouts to Manage Mommy Tummy I want to Try
While I’d love to spend every moment possible exercising… okay, no. I don’t want to spend every possible moment working out. Because I also want to play with my kids and eat delicious recipes. That and my body needs recovery time! In any case, these are more workouts that have been recommended to me and I intend to try. I’m working through them and will keep this updated with what works – and what doesn’t.
- If you haven’t heard of the Tuppler Technique, it’s amazing. It is intense – but the results are hard to argue with!
- I’ve heard great things about the MUTU system – and here she covers some exercises to avoid.
- Here are some more exercises by Fitness Blender.
More on Diastasis Recti Exercises:
Here’s a quick and easy video on some exercises you can do to work on that diastasis right now, if you want!
My Must-Have Diastasis Recti Exercise Resources:
- You’re going to want proper support when you’re first exercising – I’ve loved this simple yet sturdy abdominal support band!
- Many diastasis exercises are yoga related – so make your life easier with this awesome, budget-friendly yoga mat. Maybe get one for your kids, too – and get them developing healthy habits early!
- Want to shop all of my favorite health products on Amazon?