Becoming parents is the most exciting and terrifying thing is the world. There is so much joy and excitement as you watch your baby grow through the size of your tummy and those blurry little ultrasound pictures! Plus, there is the added excitement of your baby shower! Do you know the gender? Will you host a gender-neutral party? What will you register for?
So to help you stress less, I’d love to offer you some ideas – from a seasoned parent to another parent or parent-to-be. Here are great ideas for baby shower gifts for first-time parents!
Baby Shower Gifts for First-Time Parents
Being a parent for the first time is a magical and amazing experience for sure. Even if there is also a ton of stress and worry as you question what’s going on – and how you’ll do this.
But as a first-time parent? Enjoy this time. Enjoy registering for a baby shower. And enjoy it together.
Have fun walking through the store, scanning all of the absolutely beautiful, high-tech and oftentimes, useless items.
That’s right, I said useless. I mean, seriously, everyone registers for a wipe warmer, but it will probably get used a total of one time before you have random packs of resealable wipes all over your house.
Trust me, you don’t need it.
Instead, register for and snag these Best Baby Shower Gifts For First Time Parents:
- Diapers and wipes. Yes, diapers, wipes and lots of them. Get a pack of the newborn size and a pack of size ones. You may not see it at the shower, but these first-time parents will be overjoyed that they have them when the baby comes!
- Boppy Pillows. These are a lifesaver for new parents. I had one for breastfeeding and I had a newborn lounger, which saved my arms and let me shower many many times!
- Baby Sacks. What an amazing idea! I loved these, so easy to change your newborn at any time and they even make ones that are made to swaddle your baby for sleep!
- White Noise. Babies are so used to the sounds of mommy’s tummy, that the sounds out here can be overwhelming. A nice quiet white noise machine can help a little one sleep a little easier.
- A Baby First Aid Kit. First-time parents tend to be very paranoid! Every cough, sniffle, sneeze, slightly warm feeling, could mean their baby is deathly ill. Ease their minds with a nice First Aid Kit specifically for Newborns.
- A Coupon Book. Not like a Target ad, but a coupon book of things that you are willing to help out with. For example – A coupon for a date night, or to come over and do laundry, or even, to come over and let mom and dad take a nap.
Some of these ideas might be the best and most valuable baby shower gifts for first-time parents. Even if they don’t realize it at first!
Need some ideas for baby’s first birthday? It’s never too soon to dream about how much fun it’ll be to celebrate this milestone!
Time flies when you're having fun writing! It's time to take a step back and see how things are going. Why keep track of the work being done? Well, it helps me stay motivated - and to see the small,...
Keeping track of my writing isn't just an accountability thing. It also helps me see my progress to help me stay motivated. And since July 11th marks my 1-year anniversary with the Income School...